Skip to main content

To the "Hood" I am accomplished; To America I am just another "Hood" girl

Do you ever feel every time you try harder something makes you want to give up even more?...

I have forgiven, taught, mentored, prayed, and self-reflected...I believe it is said (somewhere) that first-step to true self growth/accomplishment is self-reflection. Self-reflection should, in return, lead to self-betterment. Sure! This all sounds so easy, but tell me world what happens when your doing things better, living life the most "moral (based on christian views)" way you know how, but yet, you still struggle.

Struggle, like how do I forgive a past that upsets my journey often? How do I pay a bill with lack of cash flow? How do I improve a college credit score, with a teacher salary...no step? How do I provide for a child, when I struggle to pay rent? How do motivate students when with a Master's I go home and hope the light's are on?  This is not a blog of anger, or malice. I am just trying let out the questions I struggle with.. Hello world, "Am I Insane?"

Is it wrong for me to distrust, when I leave "Babby Daddy's Gone Wild" for a life of joy and self-growth, or, a mother who refuses to support a daughter crying out for love because she became "another" single (black) mother, or, am I just insane for constantly standing up and pressing forward.

How far can you press without the credit score? How far can you press without a good husband? How far can you press without the income to bless others?... Or even the income to pay after-school care, so you can, at least, not have to call off of work... or worry about gas to get to work?... or food for dinner? But, I digress. My question world, "Am I Insane" because I continue to stand and strive, even when I cry? Am I insane or normal? Because there are more single-mothers, that are college educated, working, but still struggling, and yet you continue to smile, and look at life with spiritual eyes, and lead by example... but inside you need to be carried? Am I Insane?

Are "we" Insane? because despite being from the hood you still went to college, you still found a career...but, you still want more? I want to lead! ...

But, seriously who am I kidding before I can "lead," I need to be able to pay my bills... and the sad part is, with a career, I still struggle with that!... Am I Insane?


 
For talent and keynote booking visit:
www.lisaanncurvymodel.weebly.com
or
www.laannco.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Purge

Imagine 1 night a year where you get to purge all your feelings to the person(s) that have wronged you, no matter title of significance. Some may find it hard to believe but not everyone may have kind words to describe their family experiences. And some may find it even harder to believe that you may not have a relationship with a parent you have been longing for, due to whatever strongholds they're battling, but you still reverence their authority or title as "parent"; "mother"; "father"... Imagine a night to purge the feelings you have held back due to a title of relationship in your life.  I asked a friend this question, their response was "that would be awesome!" but, would it be? What would be your expectation of reaction in an emotional purge? Would you expect someone you told all your hurt too to sympathize, empathize with your hurt and be remorseful for the hurt they have caused? I mean, I would! Why not?! I told [in

Martyred Matrimony

Supportive woman equals a family backbone.   How do you learn to support when you've done it alone. A single woman doing it alone, a mother not referring to the weekend you babysat and I packed a weekend bag because his home is not where you live. Alone. Referencing the days you drink an extra coffee because you chose to protect your peace... Of mind... Peace in your home.    You went from a supporter to defensive protector of your young. Is it wrong to forgive a disfigured memory of a loss greater than financial decrease or the loss of a lease.  How to support the loss of peace, with a sprinkle of unwarrented distrust.  Is it wrong to love what the world would call unforgiveable.  "You deserve the pain, and the drought after trying again... And again..." I hate feeling unconditional love.  It scares me the way I want to support you.  It ddissapoints me the infinite ways I forgive with an intent to remember but my love makes me want to fo

Unintentional Survivor

Are You Overwhelmed? For so long individuals attempt to survive so many past memories and experiences they never wanted to encounter. But you never really forget?  Anxiety, Depression, Abuse, Homelessness, Verbal Assault, Battery, words that are so emotionally weighted by the experiences we had or are still overcoming. Almost everyone reading this can think of a moment in their life that one of those words made you feel normal.  How to Become an Unintentional Survivor... Normal because you too were feeling and experiencing things that fit in those categories of emotional weight, (or maybe I am the only one... and even that is a category of emotional weight). Ok so I survived all of those categories and more! Woo Hoo! Right?! Wrong!...  Now that you survived it, it is time to live through it! ... so many strive for survival after traumatizing experiences but what happens when you finally are living through trauma.  I started feeling again, I could even smell the air (have you ever been